Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Still not sure what you are going to be?

Today I will provide some ideas for picking choosing a costume and getting into the "spirit" of the theme.

The first thing I did was to look to websites that provide information about the movies. Here are some of the sites that have helped me:


IMDb (Internet Movie Database) this all inclusive database provides all the information you would want to know about any and every movie/movie star ever.


TCM (Turner Classic Movies) is my favorite channel on TV but they also have an excellent website which provides an excellent, visually stunning and user friendly database. In fact I prefer this website over IMDb for its nostalgic style and special features.



Getting into Character

My best advice to you if you decide to be a character from an old movie: "watch the movie" there is no better way to get into character.


You can often find part or whole movies on You Tube.






iTunes has a good selection of classic movies. This is a great way to watch a film on the run (during your lunch break, waiting at the doctors office...)


Next time I will provide some last minute costume ideas and links. The clock is ticking, Im so excited!!

No comments: