Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Get your party on

OK , I know some of you are probably saying "What!? Halloween, its only August"! This is the thing I spend the whole year thinking about Halloween. It starts at the previous years Halloween party. At some point in the evening I start asking party goers what they think next years theme should be and a whole conversation ensues. And so every day becomes an opportunity to think about Halloween. Now the clincher comes in the spring when I start talking it up to Bill. It is not until the farmer Bill starts cultivating a pumpkin patch that I really know I need to get serious and come up with a theme, and start talking it up with all of you. I like to start the buzz early to keep you invested in the festivities. You know what they say, out of sight out of mind! It helps to have a good showing and I have noticed that the more I talk about it the better the attendance is. Cause lets face it, it would be really lonely if no one showed up.

Since I have discovered blogging, I decided that this will be a great way to keep you all involved, make the party more interactive and make it last longer. To get the ball rolling I will use this the first CASTLE MEADOW ESTATE HALLOWEEN BLOG as the unveiling of the 2008 Party Theme. Drum roll please...................................................

This years theme is:
OLD MOVIES

We encourage you to take liberties with this theme. Im always amazed and greatful to see the varying interpretations on a theme as reflected in the costumes of our guests. As always the party will be the Saturday before Halloween which lands on October 25, 2008.

This years party will be the best yet, I can feel it! As always there will be prizes for best costumes (as chosen by a democratic vote of party guests). The famous contest, combination scavenger hunt, trivia, and something really special this year will (of course) take place. HINT: Think in terms of the theme in preparation.

I am excited to have my dear friend Carla as co-host this year and know that she will bring a great deal to the making of this event as she is as much (if not more) of a Halloween fanatic as me. Thats Carla at left in witches tea at high noon attire.



I hope that I have given you food for thought and would really love to hear your feedback, just click on the comments tab below right. You can also subscribe to this blog using the link below.


Shop for the best costumes here


No comments: